SOS-AUSTIN SURVIVORS OF SUICIDE
Helping those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
Out Of Darkness
The “Out of the Darkness” walk is held yearly. Registration begins at 9:00AM. We meet at the capitol and you will be asked to sign a waiver to walk. It simply releases the liability to the Capitol for your walking on the grounds.
You can turn in any donations that you might have collected or you can give a donation. This must be done off the grounds as no money can change hands on the capitol grounds. Collection will be on the sidewalk in front of the capitol ground gates.
There will be several tables to visit:
1. Balloons- You may post a note and place your loved ones name in a balloon to be released at the end of the walk.
2. Register your loved ones name to be read out loud at the Roll Call.
3. Get some free beads and the color will denote your relationship to the loved one.
4. American Foundation for Suicide Prevention information
5. You can place your loved ones photo, poem or momento on a bulletin board.
6. Inspirational music will be played both live and canned.
7. Speakers will give very short speeches on suicide.
8. Walk around the capitol two times
You can walk in honor of your loved one and can carry a photo of them. Some walk in teams with photo tee shirts and some walk solo with no banner. It really does not matter.
There are no rules here. Just come and honor the lives of those you love.
Other Info: https://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction+donordrive.event&eventID=4877
Walk Date: 10/28/2017
Walk Location: Texas State Capitol Grounds – Austin, TX
Check-in/Registration Time: 10/28/2017 at 9:00 am
Walk Begins: 10:00 am
Walk Ends: 1:00 pm
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Claire Idell
Contact Phone: 512-905-1827
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online registration closes at noon (local time) the Friday before the walk. However, anyone who would like to participate can register in person at the walk from the time check-in begins until the walk starts. Walk donations are accepted until December 31st.
NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE?
Call Linda at 560-6115
123 Main Street, New York, NY 10001
Monday – Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM Saturday & Sunday: 11:00AM – 3:00PM
Copyright © 2017 SOS – Austin
Website Designed & Developed by WPTangerine